It’s Time to Sniff Out Pests
No business is immune to foul odours. Unpleasant scents can originate from many sources, some of which are outside your control. And eliminating the stench can be tough, as odours with an organic base are persistent and can linger long after the source is removed. In fact, 79% of cleaning professional assistance say removing odour is their biggest challenge! Here are some of the most common problem areas:
- Washrooms: Develop a stringent sanitation schedule for washrooms and consider installing automatic cleaners.
- Garbage rooms: Be sure to keep tight-fitting lids on all trash cans and hose down garbage and compactor rooms regularly.
- Break rooms: Take out the trash daily and make sure food items aren’t left to rot in employee lockers.
Controlling odour is critical, as foul smells do more than repel customers – they also attract some of the filthiest pests:
- Flies: Flies feed on rotting meat, trash and sewage – and then regurgitate on the surfaces where they land, spreading contaminants and disease.
- Rodents: A single mouse can produce 49 droppings per day, meaning they are constant contaminators.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches will eat almost anything, including garbage and decaying material, but they can survive a month without food, giving them plenty of time to sniff out their next meal.
- Ants: When ants sniff out a food source, they leave a chemical scent trail for others to follow, so a marching ant army won’t be far behind.
But don’t worry – Orkin Canada’s suite of odour control products can help remediate your problem at the source! For more about the pests sniffing out your workplace, download this quick reference guide.
You may also like
Top 7 Pests Predicted To Trend In 2022
From mosquitoes and wildlife to ticks and flies, being prepared for spring and summer pests can have an impact on how enjoyable your time outdoors will be. Do not worry you are not alone, as the experienced team at Orkin Canada is there to help you prepare. After doing thorough research, we have put together a comprehensive list on the top 7 pests expected to trend in the summer of 2022. This list will provide an in-depth look at the impact that pests will have on your home or business, along with also providing easy to use preventative tips.
How To Keep Winter Pests Out Of Your Business
In the winter months, competing end-of-year priorities may make pest control more of an afterthought. Probably because pests don’t come around during the colder months, right? Wrong. Pests are opportunistic — when they see your employees enjoying the warmth inside (and possibly some holiday treats in the break room), you can trust they want in on the festivities.
Rodent Health Risks in the Workplace
A rodent infestation is risky business in any work environment. In addition to ruining reputations, rodents are known for spreading diseases, bacteria and viruses everywhere they go. Protect your workforce – and your customers – from these health risks by maintaining a clean facility and keeping an eye out for rodent activity.
5 Tips To Get Rid Of Fruit Flies
To some, fruit flies are probably the most headache inducing pest to deal with. What these flies lack in stinging or biting power, they more than make up for in being a consistent nuisance in your home or business. Using our industry knowledge and expertise, we have put together five easy tips to keep fruit flies out of your kitchen.