It’s Time to Sniff Out Pests
No business is immune to foul odours. Unpleasant scents can originate from many sources, some of which are outside your control. And eliminating the stench can be tough, as odours with an organic base are persistent and can linger long after the source is removed. In fact, 79% of cleaning professional assistance say removing odour is their biggest challenge! Here are some of the most common problem areas:
- Washrooms: Develop a stringent sanitation schedule for washrooms and consider installing automatic cleaners.
- Garbage rooms: Be sure to keep tight-fitting lids on all trash cans and hose down garbage and compactor rooms regularly.
- Break rooms: Take out the trash daily and make sure food items aren’t left to rot in employee lockers.
Controlling odour is critical, as foul smells do more than repel customers – they also attract some of the filthiest pests:
- Flies: Flies feed on rotting meat, trash and sewage – and then regurgitate on the surfaces where they land, spreading contaminants and disease.
- Rodents: A single mouse can produce 49 droppings per day, meaning they are constant contaminators.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches will eat almost anything, including garbage and decaying material, but they can survive a month without food, giving them plenty of time to sniff out their next meal.
- Ants: When ants sniff out a food source, they leave a chemical scent trail for others to follow, so a marching ant army won’t be far behind.
But don’t worry – Orkin Canada’s suite of odour control products can help remediate your problem at the source! For more about the pests sniffing out your workplace, download this quick reference guide.
You may also like
Top 6 Pests Expected To Trend In The Winter Of 2022
With winter weather around the corner, Canadians will start heading indoors to escape the cold. Just like humans, pests also look to seek refuge indoors as resources, such as food and water, become harder to find outside when the weather gets colder. In order to prevent a potential pest infestation from occurring on your property throughout the winter, we have put together a comprehensive list of the top 6 pests expected to trend in the winter of 2022. This list will provide an in-depth look at the impact that pests will have on your home or business, along with also providing easy to use preventative tips.
Top 4 Tips For A Pest-Free Halloween
You may have been tricked by the plastic bats and fake spider webs in your neighbourhood, but the pests trying to make your house their home can be the scariest trick during Halloween. From rodents trying to trick or treat inside your home to flies trying to enjoy your jack-o’-lanterns, pests are always looking for ways to get into the Halloween spirit (and your home). Don’t worry, you’re not alone in trying to pest proof your home, as your Orkin Canada Pro has put together a list of 4 quick tips that will help you keep pests out this Halloween.
Canada's Top 25 "Rattiest" Cities 2022
Pest control leader Orkin Canada reminds home owners and business owners to take precautions to help keep rodents out. Cities are ranked by the number of rodent (rat & mice) treatments the company performed from August 1, 2021 through July 31, 2022. This ranking includes both residential and commercial treatments.
Atlantic Canada's Top 15 'Rattiest' Cities 2022
As winter approaches, pest control leader Orkin Canada reminds homeowners and business owners to take precautions to help keep rodents out. Cities are ranked by the number of rodent (rat & mice) treatments the company performed from August 1, 2021 through July 31, 2022.