In a year that demanded agility, resilience and compassion, Orkin Canada responded by bringing these qualities to our business, our communities and our people. To meet and overcome numerous challenges in 2020, we accelerated innovation, stepped up to help meet the needs of our communities, cared for our people, and made significant strides in our green initiatives to have a positive impact on the areas in which we live and serve.
Orkin Canada not only recognizes the importance of social sustainability, but continually strives to create lasting change in the areas of community, our people and culture, health and safety, and our environment. Below are a few highlights of those initiatives:
- Proudly launched our Orkin VitalClean™ service to provide customers with a safe and effective way to eliminate a wide variety of pathogens, including the coronavirus which causes COVID-19. Orkin Canada further protected our communities by donating disinfection services and hand sanitizer to places across the country that serve the most vulnerable among us, like hospitals, retirement homes and food banks.
- Contributed to helping save up to 123 lives of Canadian residents by donating blood in our Sleeves Up campaign.
- Collaborated with the Habitat for Humanity to ensure more Canadians have a place to call home, and our involvement with the Rebecca Schofield Park Initiative made sure they have a place to play.
- Took care of our Orkin Canada family through our Employee Assistance Program that helped alleviate financial and mental hardships during the pandemic crisis.
- Achieved GreenPro certification and strengthened the health of the environment by decreasing mileage and fuel needs through improved routing, scheduling and reducing inefficient driving habits. We also saved more than 350 trees through our recycling and waste reduction programs and operationalized our protection of vulnerable species through our Pollinator Policy and training.
- Committed to holding quarterly company-wide virtual meetings to address fiscal matters, COVID-19 impacts, as well as the current corporate direction and vision for the future.
These achievements, plus many more, helped Orkin Canada make progress toward what we set out to do – demonstrate care for our people and planet while maintaining the health of our business. View our full report to find out more about how we remain committed to continued improvement and a better world.