In a year that demanded agility, resilience and compassion, Orkin Canada responded by bringing these qualities to our business, our communities and our people. To meet and overcome numerous challenges in 2021, we accelerated innovation, stepped up to help meet the needs of our communities, cared for our people, and made significant strides in our green initiatives to have a positive impact on the areas in which we live and serve.
Orkin Canada not only recognizes the importance of social sustainability, but continually strives to create lasting change in the areas of community, our people and culture, health and safety, and our environment. Below are a few highlights of those initiatives:
- Proudly launched our COVID-19 PPE Disposal Service, and switched to landfill biodegradable nitrile gloves and service garbage bags.
- Introduced a beehive in Coquitlam, BC and divided a swarm in Mississauga, ON providing a positive impact for local bee populations, as part of our ongoing honey bee sustainability initiative.
- Donated to the Canadian Blood Services through our “Fight the Bite to Save a Life” campaign.
- Supported our employee’s mental health with Mental Health in the Workplace training and the implementation of a Zen Room in our Head Office for a soothing and relaxed space to recharge.
- Expanded upon our initiate to phase out fluorescent fly lights in favour of more environmentally friendly LED fly lights.
- Saved over 520 trees through our recycling and waste reduction programs.
These achievements, plus many more, helped Orkin Canada make progress toward what we set out to do – demonstrate care for our people and planet while maintaining the health of our business. View our full report to find out more about how we remain committed to continued improvement and a better world.
2021 Sustainability Report