Last Updated: September 26, 2022
Personal Information We Collect
Listed below are details about the categories of information we collect:
- Contact Information: name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number
- Financial Information: tax identification number, financial or bank account information, tax-related information, wire instructions, payment card number, payment card expiration date and CVV code, card or account security details, and billing address.
- Identifiers: IP address, account number and other security information for authentication and access
- Geolocation Data: the general region or area from which you access our site
- Usage Data: data concerning your Internet or other electronic activity including browsing and click history, device types, operating system, browser settings, IP address, language settings, and Site use data including information about how you navigate the Site, other websites, and the Internet
- Audio/Visual Data: audio, electronic, photographic, visual or similar data including videos, photographs, or audio recordings
- Commercial Information: records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories;
- Applicant Information: If you apply for a job, we collect information about you, your prior education and work history and your skills and qualifications for the position. We may ask about your salary expectations and how you learned of the position. We may also ask you for contact information for references.
- Franchisee Information: If you consider or apply for franchise or ownership opportunities, we may collect information about you including contact information, financial history, credit reports and information contained in public data bases.
- Inferences: We may use information from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you, to reflect your preferences, characters, behavior and attitude.
Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, identifiers, commercial information, and inferences to:
- Provide you with the requested services
- Provide a quote for our services
- Fulfill your order
- Process payments
- Communicate with you
- Respond to customer service requests and inquiries
- Employment Purposes: We use your contact information, audio/visual data, applicant information and inferences when you apply for a job with us.
- Franchisee Assessment. We use your contact information, franchisee information, and inferences in order to assess your suitability to become a franchisee or owner. We may combine the information you provide to us with information we obtain from third parties, such as credit reporting agencies and public records databases. We use this information to conduct due diligence on potential franchisees and owners.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your identifiers, usage data, geolocation data, commercial information, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, usage data, geolocation data, audio/visual data, and inferences to send you improve our marketing efforts, create social media posts or advertisements, and provide you with information about us, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Sites: We use your contact information, commercial information, identifiers, employment information, geolocation data, audio/visual data, and usage data to improve our Sites, provide and maintain functionality on our Sites, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites.
- Develop and Improve Our Services: We use your contact information, demographic information, financial information, identifiers, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, commercial information, franchisee information, applicant information, and inferences to help us develop new products and services and to improve and analyze our existing products and service offerings.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, franchisee information, and inferences to protect our Sites, products and services; protect us, our affiliated companies, our employee, our carriers and others; and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal: We use your contact information, identifiers, financial information, employment information, geolocation data, usage data, audio/visual data, franchisee information, and inferences to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
Methods of Collecting Information
We collect information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: We collect contact information, financial information, identifiers, commercial information, franchisee information, and applicant information that you provide directly to us.
- When you visit our offices: When you visit our offices, we also collect contact information and audio/visual data.
- Automatically: When you access our Sites, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, and usage data using tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, commercial information, franchisee information, applicant information, investor information, audio/ visual data, and inferences from third parties, including credit reporting agencies, research institutions, service providers, and public authorities.
- From social media platforms and networks: We may collect contact information, identifiers, geolocation data, usage data, commercial information, and audio/visual data from social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our Sites, or that share or allow you to share information with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We Combine Information
We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information, including to create inferences about you. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information that we have collected across other third party sites. We combine information across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
How We Share Information With Others
- Service Providers: We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of the Services, the Sites, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, web hosting, analytics, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, transportation, storage and warehouse services, shipping, background check, credit verification, and customer support services). In some cases, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf.
- Affiliates: We may share personal information with and among our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their successors or assigns. A list of such companies is available at https://www.rollins.com/businesses.
- Marketing/Analytics/Advertising Partners: We may share personal information with third party marketing, analytics or advertising partners, including social media platforms and networks, for commercial purposes such as sending you marketing emails and advertisements.
- Professional Advisors: We may share information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Government Entities: We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies; tax authorities; corporate registries; and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us.
- Corporate Transaction Recipients: We may share information with potential investors, purchasers, merger partners, and their advisors in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction: We may share information with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
- Other Reasons: We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will retain and use your information for as long as we need it to provide you services or products, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or products, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies, Analytics, and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies and Tracking Technology
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us serve and recognize you when you visit our Sites. We receive and store certain types of information when you visit our Sites. When you access the Sites, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be web beacons, cookies, clear gifs, pixel tags, e-tags, flash cookies, log files, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications. These tracking technologies, which are often referred to collectively as cookies, allow us to understand how users navigate to and around our Sites, view different pages, access content and request Services. We may use them, for example, to keep track of your preferences and profile information and collect general usage and volume statistical information. If you want to remove or block cookies, you may be able to update your browser settings. You can also find instructions on how to manage cookies on different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Third-party Analytics and Advertising
We use analytics services provided by Google Analytics. If you would like more information on how Google uses data when you visit or use our Sites, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. If you would like to opt-out, Google provides a an opt-out tool which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may include links to other websites or applications whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those websites or applications, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
This Website is Not Intended for Children
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 18, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails and newsletters by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in communications you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Statement. Once we process your request, we will cease using the information for such purposes at no charge to you. . If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
Processing in the United States
Updating Your Personal Information
In certain circumstances, you may be able to review and request changes to your personal information on the Website or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our data practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Orkin Canada LLC
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
5840 Falbourne Street,
L5R 4B5, Canada