To avoid bringing along an unwanted travel companion, be sure to keep these five tips in mind during your next vacation:
- Inspect your room. Before settling in, check your room for bed bug activity. Keep an eye out for dark, ink-like stains on bedding, mattresses and box springs.
- Store luggage properly. Place your suitcase in the tub during your stay to help prevent bed bugs from making their way into your belongings.
- Avoid unpacking. Live out of your suitcase throughout your trip. Your clothes are more likely to pick up bed bugs when moved to closets or drawers, so avoid unpacking and keep your suitcase off the floor on a luggage rack if the bathtub is not an option.
- Do your laundry. Immediately wash and dry your clothes when you return home. The longer clothes sit in the hamper, the more time bed bugs have to spread.
- Store the suitcase. Once you are home, store your suitcase in the garage or attic. If you did pick up bed bugs, you don’t want them invading your bedroom.
Don’t let the bed bugs bite on your next trip. Download these savvy travel tips to keep bed bugs from tagging along on your next vacation.
You may also like
Canada's Top 25 Bed Bug Cities Of 2022
Bed bugs are extremely efficient hitch hikers. They can move easily across a room and climb onto luggage or anything left on a bed in just one night. Learn which cities have made Canada’s top 25 bed buggiest cities.
Bugs & Kisses: Tips To Keep Pests Out Of Your Valentine's Day
Valentine’s Day is a holiday that’s all about spreading love and kindness. Unfortunately, the sweetness of this tradition also makes it an opportunity to attract and harbour pests, which can lead to serious pest infestations. If love is in the air at your property this year, it is important to take precautions against the various pests that intend to intrude on your plans. Whether you’re celebrating love day with family, friends, or a significant other, the gathering and gift giving traditions that go hand-in-hand with Valentine’s Day increase the probability of pests reaching you or your home. To help you avoid insects spoiling your romance, we’ve provided you with some tips on how to have a pest-free Valentine’s Day.
Who Invited That Pest? Tips To A Avoid Pest Infestation At Your Next Party
Everyone loves a good party, but so do pests. For those looking to host a successful party, it is important to be aware of the possibility of having some uninvited guests…we mean pests. Whether you're hosting a Super Bowl party, throwing a birthday bash, or enjoying a night in with friends, remember that pests are popular party favours that may be left behind. While there’s not much you can do to prevent these pests from entering your home via your guests, you can take precautions to nip the problem at the source and avoid an infestation. To make it easier for you, we’ve put together a few tips to make sure your party stays pest-free.
Top 7 Pests Predicted To Trend In 2022
From mosquitoes and wildlife to ticks and flies, being prepared for spring and summer pests can have an impact on how enjoyable your time outdoors will be. Do not worry you are not alone, as the experienced team at Orkin Canada is there to help you prepare. After doing thorough research, we have put together a comprehensive list on the top 7 pests expected to trend in the summer of 2022. This list will provide an in-depth look at the impact that pests will have on your home or business, along with also providing easy to use preventative tips.