To avoid bringing along an unwanted travel companion, be sure to keep these five tips in mind during your next vacation:
- Inspect your room. Before settling in, check your room for bed bug activity. Keep an eye out for dark, ink-like stains on bedding, mattresses and box springs.
- Store luggage properly. Place your suitcase in the tub during your stay to help prevent bed bugs from making their way into your belongings.
- Avoid unpacking. Live out of your suitcase throughout your trip. Your clothes are more likely to pick up bed bugs when moved to closets or drawers, so avoid unpacking and keep your suitcase off the floor on a luggage rack if the bathtub is not an option.
- Do your laundry. Immediately wash and dry your clothes when you return home. The longer clothes sit in the hamper, the more time bed bugs have to spread.
- Store the suitcase. Once you are home, store your suitcase in the garage or attic. If you did pick up bed bugs, you don’t want them invading your bedroom.
Don’t let the bed bugs bite on your next trip. Download these savvy travel tips to keep bed bugs from tagging along on your next vacation.
You may also like
Canada's Top 25 Bed Bug Cities Of 2020
Bed bugs are extremely efficient hitch hikers. They can move easily across a room and climb onto luggage or anything left on a bed in just one night.
The 5 Most Interesting Facts About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are increasingly common in residential settings, but that doesn’t make them any more comfortable to deal with. These crawling critters are out for blood (literally), and they’ll stop at nothing to get it from you. And let’s be real—no one wants to wake up with a bunch of painful bite marks. When dealing with bed bugs, it helps to be informed so you know what to expect. That’s why we’ve combed over Orkin’s massive bed bug knowledge database and picked out five key facts every homeowner should learn about these nighttime nuisances.
Bed Bugs - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I know if I've been bitten by a bed bug? How do I identify a bed bug when I see one? Get the answers to the most frequently asked questions on bed bugs, all answered by the experts at Orkin Canada.
Signs And Symptoms of Bed Bugs
Knowing the signs of bed bugs is the first step in finding and removing these pests.