While you can’t prevent your relatives from embarrassing you this Thanksgiving, you can prevent pests from joining you at the table. With plenty of food and the opportunity for dropped crumbs and spilled drinks, Thanksgiving is any pest’s favourite holiday. But you can send pests packing this year by kicking them out the door before they even step inside.
Top 5 Tips to Prevent Pests
Pests should be the last thing on your mind as you sit down at the table for your family dinner. These top five tips can help you keep pests away from your home – and out of the mashed potatoes – this fall.
- Keep it covered. Flies, cockroaches and rodents aren’t picky eaters, so a tasty Thanksgiving meal is too good for pests to resist. While food is sitting on the table or counter, keep it covered to prevent pests from taking a dip in your dish.
- Clean it up. Spilled food and residue on counter tops can be tempting to pests searching for their next food source. Wipe down any surfaces that have been touched by food to eliminate any residue and deter pests.
- Throw it out. Food waste that gets tossed in the trash makes the perfect meal for any hungry pest. Take out the trash after you are done cleaning up, and be sure all garbage is place in a covered bin away from your home to limit any potential pest attractors near your house.
- Put it away. Leftovers make a great next meal for pests, too. So, place any leftover food in tightly sealed containers and store it properly in the fridge. Avoid storing leftovers in paper bags or to-go containers that can be easily accessed by pests.
- Stop the stench. Is the smell of your Thanksgiving meal lingering in your home? Strong odours travel easily and can attract pests right to your kitchen. Use odour-neutralizing products to eliminate scents from engulfing your home.
Pests aren’t on the menu this Thanksgiving – and we want to help you keep it that way. Contact your local Orkin Canada branch to learn more about how you can prevent pest populations in your home this holiday season.
You may also like
Top Pests Expected To Trend In The Summer Of 2023
Warm weather is around the corner, which means pests that have been overwintering or hibernating will wake up as well as non-hibernating pests will start making an appearance outdoors. Being prepared for those spring and summer pests can have an impact on how enjoyable your time will be at home or at work. Using industry leading expertise, we have put together a comprehensive list on the top 8 pests expected to trend in the summer of 2023. This list will provide a deeper dive into the impact that pests can have on your property, along with prevention tips to keep your home or business pest-free.
How To Get Rid Of Flies
With warmer weather around the corner, Orkin Canada is prepared for the pests that come with the warmer weather and melting snow. Everyone is looking forward to flowers blooming, birds chirping, and flies coming in through the open door. Oh wait, not that last one! Flies are a nuisance that no one likes buzzing around inside their home or business. There are many different species of flies; however, they all can cause a threat to your peace of mind, while some are a threat to your health and wellbeing inside your home or business. Whether its cluster flies, house flies, or fruit flies, at Orkin Canada we have 70+ years of expert advice on how to get rid of these unwanted pests. These flies do not stand a chance up against the Orkin Canada technician.
Top 7 Pests Predicted To Trend In 2022
From mosquitoes and wildlife to ticks and flies, being prepared for spring and summer pests can have an impact on how enjoyable your time outdoors will be. Do not worry you are not alone, as the experienced team at Orkin Canada is there to help you prepare. After doing thorough research, we have put together a comprehensive list on the top 7 pests expected to trend in the summer of 2022. This list will provide an in-depth look at the impact that pests will have on your home or business, along with also providing easy to use preventative tips.
5 Tips To Get Rid Of Fruit Flies
To some, fruit flies are probably the most headache inducing pest to deal with. What these flies lack in stinging or biting power, they more than make up for in being a consistent nuisance in your home or business. Using our industry knowledge and expertise, we have put together five easy tips to keep fruit flies out of your kitchen.
Remove pests from your home, and stop them from coming back
We work hard to listen, understand and assess your unique situation. Request a free, no-obligation estimate today for a customized pest program that fits your needs.Request a Free Home Estimate
Request a Free Business Consultation