Ants and mice are moving inside and wildlife may be looking for potential harbourage areas. Spiders are constructing egg sacs and mosquito activity is increasing. House fly activity can be expected. Commercial accounts will need to be aware of increased small fly activity. Nuisance wildlife, such as squirrels and chipmunks, will be much more noticeable.
Training and Certification
At Orkin Canada, we have invested millions to develop award-winning training programs that extend well beyond the classroom. This means every one of our customers benefits from the unrivalled pest control knowledge, tools and techniques that define every Orkin Canada Technician.
Orkin Canada sets the Canadian standard for pest management and prevention. We strive to continually improve our service for customers. That’s why we have earned QualityPro Certification from the National Pest Management Association. QualityPro honourees are a distinguished group in the pest management industry. Known as “the mark of excellence in pest control”, the QualityPro designation includes a set of standards far above what is required by provincial and federal regulations. We are pleased to be recognized as leaders and pioneers in the industry and are proud to bring our superior service to our customers.
The best training in the business
Orkin Canada’s training program is unique in the industry. No other company requires more comprehensive preparation for its technicians. Each Orkin Canada specialist is a skilled service technician whose extensive training in the following areas includes:
- Treatment techniques that conform to American Institute of Baking standards, assuring the most effective pest control program available.
- Training in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), protocols for various industries, and federal, provincial and local regulatory requirements.
- Training in specific protocols for your industry, as well as federal, provincial and local regulatory requirements.
- Treatment techniques that conform to standards set by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and ensure the smartest and most effective pest management programs available, that will keep you in compliance with all 3rd party auditors.
- Initial In-Branch Training Syllabus (includes field training with a “Certified Field Trainer”)
- Technician Technical Training (formal accredited classroom training in compliance with Purdue University)
- Specialized training in Washroom Care and/or Wildlife Control
- Food plant training – all technicians servicing food plants complete the NPMA Food Plant course or the AIB correspondence course and have verified Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) training
- Ongoing Continuing Education (includes supplier workshops, provincial Association Workshop/Conference/Seminars and other educational training)
Rollins University and The Rollins Learning Centre
Orkin Canada’s parent company, Rollins, Inc., has long been recognized for its intensive training. Rollins University and The Rollins Learning Centre are some of the more visible investments in Orkin Canada’s employees. This corporate facility includes a mock hotel room, restaurant kitchen, hospital room, bar, food storage warehouse, food retail aisle, rooftop air ducts and other “real world” settings to provide technicians with the hands-on experience they need to meet the specialized challenges of every pest control environment.
Orkin TV Satellite Training Network
Our interactive satellite television communications network creates a live virtual “classroom” for all of our employees. This allows for in-depth training in real time at our locations across the country, so you can be sure your Orkin Technician is up to date on the latest pest management techniques no matter where you are located.
Orkin Canada’s commitment to training has not gone unnoticed. Training magazine, the training industry’s premiere publication, recognized Orkin PCO, now Orkin Canada, among its annual “Top 100″ in 2003, 2004 and 2005, and further highlighted Orkin PCO in 2003 as one of only five “Editor’s Choice” recipients.
In short, no one knows more about pest management than Orkin Canada. So request a free consultation today and start trusting your business to the best.
Click here to request a free pest control estimate .